Cobalt updates portfolio monitoring platform
Cobalt Software has updated its portfolio monitoring platform for private equity and venture capital firms.
The platform aims to meet the demand for sophisticated but intuitive data analysis, performance reporting and data collection tools in the private capital sector. Cobalt claims this is the industry’s first self-service portfolio monitoring solution, which combines the sophistication of a business intelligence tool with the approachability of consumer technology software.
Platform updates include:
- Personalised dashboards for all users including finance, investment professionals, portfolio operations and investor relations
- Advanced performance analytics, which enhances Cobalt’s in-platform analytics such as track record and attribution analysis and cash flow modelling which can create LP reports
- Actionable insights which enables users to create analyses by comparing specific investment performance with operating metrics and KPIs
- Streamlined data collection, to provide close user control on portfolio company communication while further lightening collection workflow lift
- Flexible data model, to track cash flows and investment performance at the transaction level. This includes tracking cross-over investments, round-level performance and consolidated investor reporting
- Enhanced permissions and controls, to deliver more support to account owners and user management capabilities
“With this new platform release, Cobalt has definitively leap-frogged the portfolio monitoring category on accessibility, sophistication, and value provided to private capital leaders and their teams,” said Jason Weinstein, CEO of Cobalt. “We are delivering an entirely new level of operational efficiency and insight for private capital firms. It’s the kind of sophistication the industry has come to expect from every technology they use, and now, portfolio monitoring need not be the exception.”
News of the updates come after Cobalt announced in January that it had added a cap table management function to the portfolio monitoring platform.