The Drawdown provides vital insight and analysis for operational professionals in private equity and venture capital.
Our mission is to empower and celebrate operational professionals.
Operational professionals ensure funds are managed in a robust and compliant manner, thereby protecting investors and the wider economy. More than that, operational professionals lead on in-house technology strategies, regulations and compliance, fund structuring, ESG, cyber security and many more vital functions that ensure the well-being of the industry. It is against this backdrop that The Drawdown strives to shine a light on this vital work done.
- To maintain the highest editorial standards of thorough research and verification, underpinned by a knowledgeable and well-connected team.
- To continually interact with a strong and close community of practitioners spanning the industry as a means of fostering collaboration and information sharing.
- To host impactful events facilitating the deepening of community relationships and sharing of ideas and knowledge, information and experience.
- To provide relevant and timely reporting of need-to-know industry developments.
- To supply advantageous insight to improve our audience’s effectiveness and performance.
- To maintain a deep understanding of our audience’s needs.
- Finally, to promote the humanness of private equity. While quality content and effective, relevant insight will be at the core of our work, we believe there is also room for humour and light-heartedness.
Alice Murray, Editor
Alice established The Drawdown in 2017.
She previously headed up communications and marketing at a UK early-stage venture capital firm, where she managed investor reporting and marketing activities. Prior to that, Alice was Editor of European private equity publication unquote” where she directed all content and events including The British Private Equity Awards.
Alice began her career at London-based publishing house Caspian Media, where she was a reporter for private equity-focused publication Real Deals. She then went on to join Argus Media, where she was Acting Editor of Argus FMB Ammonia.
Krystal Scanlon, Deputy Editor
Krystal was most recently a reporter for real estate publication Property Investor Europe which rebranded to Real Estate Fund Intelligence Europe earlier this year. Prior to that, she worked on the sister intelligence platform to The Drawdown called PEmap, where she reported on news, trends and analysis about private equity’s fundraising activities.
Krystal began her career in consumer journalism, where she held both staff and freelance positions for a number of well known publications both print and online. She made the move into trade journalism when she joined Pageant Media as part of the private equity division that initially housed The Drawdown in 2018.