The Drawdown provides vital insight and analysis for operational professionals in private equity and venture capital.
Our mission is to empower and celebrate operational professionals.
Operational professionals ensure funds are managed in a robust and compliant manner, thereby protecting investors and the wider economy. More than that, operational professionals lead on in-house technology strategies, regulations and compliance, fund structuring, ESG, cyber security and many more vital functions that ensure the well-being of the industry. It is against this backdrop that The Drawdown strives to shine a light on this vital work done.
- To maintain the highest editorial standards of thorough research and verification, underpinned by a knowledgeable and well-connected team.
- To continually interact with a strong and close community of practitioners spanning the industry as a means of fostering collaboration and information sharing.
- To host impactful events facilitating the deepening of community relationships and sharing of ideas and knowledge, information and experience.
- To provide relevant and timely reporting of need-to-know industry developments.
- To supply advantageous insight to improve our audience’s effectiveness and performance.
- To maintain a deep understanding of our audience’s needs.
- Finally, to promote the humanness of private equity. While quality content and effective, relevant insight will be at the core of our work, we believe there is also room for humour and light-heartedness.
Jon Whiteaker, Editor
Jon was previously the Editor of Euromoney’s infrastructure finance-focused title IJGlobal, managing a team of journalists based across three continents, and overseeing market-leading awards and conferences. He spent eight years at the publication, with reporting beats covering project finance transactions, infrastructure funds and M&A deals, in Europe, the Middle East and North America.
Most recently he was Senior Editor at Investment Monitor, a data and analysis service focused on global foreign direct investment trends, which he helped launch for London-based publishing house GlobalData. He began his career as a reporter at Retail Gazette.
Telephone: 020 7038 7611
Matthias Plötz, Reporter
Matthias started out in reporting as a researcher at The Legal 500, exploring legal market developments worldwide. Prior to this, he completed a LLM in technology, media and telecommunications law at Queen Mary University of London.
Previously a legal professional, Matthias also has a LLB in international and European law from The Hague University of Applied Sciences and held various legal assistant positions across public international law, music, tech, and corporate litigation
Silvia Saccardi, Reporter
Silvia began her career as a client reporting analyst at St James’ Place Wealth Management, responsible for the relationship between third party providers of VCT and EIS products and their data feeds.
Prior to that, Silvia obtained a BA in modern languages and cultures (Spanish and Russian) from the University of Durham. During her studies, she completed an internship in Bolivia working as a reporter for the cultural magazine Bolivian Express.
Telephone: 020 7360 3497