WEBINAR Cybersecurity: an ESG concern
Wednesday 14th April, 3pm GMT
On first glance, robust cybersecurity is a matter for IT and tech professionals to handle. However, on further inspection, the reputational risk of a cyber attack, on both manager and investors, means that cybersecurity is increasingly an ESG concern.
LPs are increasingly including cybersecurity into ESG questionnaires, while GPs are thinking more carefully about their technology providers and partners, ensuring they meet the same high levels of conduct when it comes to environmental, social, governance and diversity improvements.
Join us for an insightful and informative discussion, exploring the ever increasing convergence of cybersecurity and ESG within the private capital fund market.
- Inclusion of cybersecurity within ESG due diligence questionnaires
- Communicating an attempted or successful cyber breach to investors
- Cybersecurity as an ESG metric: what and how to measure
- What’s at risk when it comes to cybersecurity and ESG? Personal data, capital, reputation?
- Who is responsible for cybersecurity within the GP? And how to instil team-wide behaviours
- Assessing technology partners through an ESG lens
Webinar: What do LPs do with all the data?
3pm GMT, 22nd April 2021
Data and reporting demands on GPs have never been higher, especially given the events of the past year, where communications between managers and investors have risen exponentially. On top of this, new rules around ESG disclosures, increased pressure on diversity and inclusion efforts as well as varying county-by-country accounting standards, means that the amount of data currently being ingested by LPs is at an all time high.
But what are LPs doing with all of this data?
This webinar discussion will explore what information is being transmitted from GPs to LPs, how it has developed in recent years, the way in which data is being communicated, how technology is helping both GPs and LPs, and of course, what LPs are doing with all the data.
- Private equity has historically been criticized for its lack of transparency: is this still the case or are investors receiving the necessary information?
- Does the information provided by GPs provide enough granularity for LPs to really understand what’s happening?
- Are LPs undertaking fee validation exercises? Do they have the relevant information to do so?
- Do LPs audit the funds they’re invested in?
- How is more ESG-related information impacting LPs’ ability to ingest and analyse information?
- How can technology support both GPs and LPs when it comes to reporting?
The Private Equity Operational Leaders’ Summit - July 2021
1st-2nd July 2021 – Wotton House Country Estate Hotel, Dorking
The Operational Leaders’ Summit is a relaxed, discreet forum for private equity CFOs and COOs to meet and discuss the big issues currently impacting their roles.
Join us to learn from industry experts about developments in technology strategies, cybersecurity, regulations and compliance, working with outsourced providers, ESG, talent attraction and retention, risk management, fund structuring and much more.
The Private Equity Service Provider Awards 2021
23rd September 2021, Grand Connaught Rooms, London
- Deadline for entries: Friday 25th June 2021
- Awards Ceremony: Thursday 23rd September 2021
The Drawdown Awards celebrate excellence and innovation within private capital fund operations. The rigorous judging process, based on the views of a panel of leading private capital fund COOs, CFOs, CCOs, GCs and CTOs, ensures these awards stand out from the crowd as ‘ones to win’ and we hope they act as a catalyst to drive up service standards and operations across the sector.
Working with a judging panel of leading industry practitioners, these awards stand apart in both rigour and prestige.
The Drawdown Awards will recognise and reward leaders across 35 categories:
- 9 Technology Awards
- 7 Advisory Awards
- 5 Fund Administration Awards
- 2 Fund Financing Awards
- 2 IT Provider Awards
- 1 Legal Fund Formation Award
- 1 Foreign Exchange Award
- 1 Recruitment Award
- 7 GP Category Awards
The Private Equity Operational Leaders’ Summit 2021 - November
3rd-4th November 2021, Wotton House Country Estate Hotel, Dorking
Final details to be announced
The Drawdown hosts regular Breakfast Briefings, bringing together industry experts to discuss hot topics.
These events are open to all members of The Drawdown.
The Drawdown hosts regular private dinners, bringing together a select group of private equity operational leaders for relaxed discussion and networking.
These events are by invitation only.