SimCorp launches cloud data warehouse
SimCorp has launched a new cloud data warehouse, as part of its strategy to make data available anytime, anywhere.
Powered by data cloud company Snowflake, the new solution aims to provide SimCorp’s clients with access to all the data they require, when they need it. The platform has built-in scalability and allows new sources of data to be onboarded quickly when required.
SimCorp’s cloud data warehouse includes:
- Near unlimited concurrency which aims to eliminate data contention and latency issues for clients and data consumers whether in reporting, data analytics or data science
- The firm’s standardised investment management warehouse (IMW), which gives users access to an industry-recognised investment management data model
- The ability for clients to augment their own investment data with third-party data from the Snowflake data marketplace and other data sources
- End-to-end data governance, providing transparency for managing data model enhancements and reducing operational risk with a fully maintained and supported solution
- AI powered analytics and integrated visualisation layer, enabling clients to make data-driven decisions quicker
“Snowflake enables Simcorp to power its applications and benefit from Snowflake's near-unlimited scale, elasticity, and access to an ecosystem of financial data through the Snowflake Data Marketplace, providing customers with a seamless data experience,” commented Alison Tierney, GVP of EMEA at Snowflake.
Marc Schröter, SimCorp SVP of offer management added, “The combination of our deep expertise in data management and a state-of-the-art cloud data architecture leveraging Snowflake allows our clients to fuel the endless demands for data they see within their organisations. Likewise, the broader SimCorp offer strategy is heavily dependent on a strong data foundation; we will therefore continue to drive innovation in this space to support our existing and future portfolio of offers.”
This launch follows the announcement earlier this month that SimCorp had partnered with Domos FS to provide a front-to-back office solution across public and private asset classes, for LPs, GPs and service providers.